I am trained as a botanist and plant ecologist. Using aquatic plants as a study framework. In the recent years I quest general assembly rules of aquatic plants and assess the role of functional traits in species response to environmental factors. My current research covers the following areas
- Species invasion
- Community assembly of native and alien aquatic and wetland habitats.
- The role of plant functional traits in native and alien aquatic plant species.
- Study of environmental induced phenotypic plasticity among aquatic plants.
I maintain my interest in previous areas of research including:
- The taxonomy of aquatic plants
- Use of macrophytes in ecological status assessment.
- Development the Hungarian macrophyte based ecological status assessment method.
- Survey of macrophyte-environment relationship in various scales and various aquatic habitats.
Awards and scholarships
- 2003: Medal of the University of Debrecen (for the outstanding professional and community activity).
- 2012: Publication of the year in the University of Debrecen.
- 2013: Youth environmental award of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- 2013: Zoltán Magyary postdoctoral fellowship.
- 2017: Bolyai János Research Fellowship